Utilities & Project Finance
Bahar has been continuously providing legal services as one of the leading law firms in Indonesia since 1992.
OUR UTILITIES & PROJECT FINANCE PRACTICE GROUP HAS EXPERTISE IN:
Power Supply - We offers legal services in power plant projects, in which we have worked on and assisted various power projects in all phases of power project development (development, construction, project financing, up to the operational phase of the power plant).
Water Treatment and Supply - Our group provides legal service and assistance in helping clients to understand the water treatment and supply regulations, finding the best cooperation structure and assist in the transaction process, drafting cooperation agreements and other relevant documents.
- The First Islamic Financing for Infrastructure Project in Indonesia - We represented the first and the largest Islamic bank in Indonesia in providing the first Islamic financing for infrastructure project in Indonesia to Indonesian company engaging in highway service, the concession holder of Soreang – Pasir Koja Toll Road. The financing is granted under through Murabahah scheme with total commitment of IDR 834 billion.
- Financing of Power Plant Project - We represented Indonesian bank, and Indonesian infrastructure financing companies in providing syndicated project financing for development of a 100 MW combined-cycle power plant in South Sumatera. We also assisted in the syndicated Islamic financing to this project from the first and the largest Islamic bank in Indonesia and other Indonesian Islamic banks. Our scope of works, among others, conducting legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating of various loan and security documentations, and issuing legal opinion to the lenders.
- Acquisition of Cikampek – Palimanan Toll Road (the Longest Toll Road in Indonesia) - We assisted Indonesian company in the 2-steps acquisition of effective ownership in a concession holder of Cikopo – Palimanan toll road, the longest toll road in Indonesia. The total transaction value is worth more than IDR 4 trillion and involves acquisition of equity and mezzanine loan. Our scope of works were, among others, legal due diligence on the documents of the target company and its subsidiary, providing legal advise on the transaction scheme and structure, and drafting conditional sales and purchase agreements and other supporting documents for the acquisition.
- Financing of Power Plant and Gas Pipeline Project - We assisted the syndicated project financing of an up to USD 48 million facility for the development of 2x35 MW gas-fired power plant facilities in Batam, developed by a subsidiary of Indonesian power company. We advised the syndication of infrastructure financing companies and on project financing of an up to USD 47 million facility in respect to the development of a subsea gas pipeline system in Batam. Our scope of works for the above files were, among others, conducting legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating of various loan and security documentations, and issuing legal opinion to the lenders.
- Acquisition of One of Jakarta’s Largest Water Supply Company - We were acting as the legal counsel in the acquisition of 50% stake in Indonesian company engaging in water industry in Jakarta and about 37,5% stakes in Indonesian company engaging in water industry in Tangerang,a concessionaire for water project in Tangerang. Other than provided assistance in the acquisition process, in this transaction we also dealt with issues under the cooperation agreement.
- IPO of Gas State-Owned Enterprise - We assisted and advised the Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Indonesian state owned company engaging in gas industry valued at more than IDR 2.5 trillion for 1,685,185,000 shares, consisting of 820,987,000 new shares and 864,198,000 existing shares owned by the Indonesian government (consisting of 475,309,000 existing shares, 194,444,500 red shoe shares and 194,444,500 green shoe shares). Our services are, among other, provided legal due diligence and preparing prospectus and other required documentations for the IPO.