Restructuring can be one of the solutions for a company to overcome financial difficulties or develop its division for company development. Since its establishment in 1994, Bahar has handled various forms of restructuring projects with different complicity levels. Our experience and creativity in providing advice around restructuring makes for comprehensive solutions to issues that may arise throughout the process.
For decades we have provided our legal services to some of the largest and most high-profile debtors, lenders, state-owned enterprises, government agencies, and global insolvency practitioners, across many industries. To assist our clients in executing their restructuring plan, we are committed to facilitate our clients with end-to-end services. From providing advice on designing the most efficient and workable restructuring scheme, governance reorganizations, preparation of agreements and supporting legal documents, assisting the clients in insolvency procedures as part of the restructuring process, advocacy with the government agencies, and drafting regulations in relation to restructuring.
The assistance we have provided to our clients has been internationally recognized in forums such as: Asialaw Profiles (2017 Edition), which recommended us in Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions, and Restructuring & Insolvency; in The Asia Pacific Legal 500 as a Top Tier Firm in Restructuring & Insolvency (2016 Edition); and as a Recommended Firm in Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions (2015 Edition).
Our managing partner has also been acknowledged by The Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2016 Edition) as a “Leading Individual” in Capital Markets, Corporate, and Mergers & Acquisitions, Project & Energy, Restructuring & Insolvency.
- We advised the only state-owned enterprise that is given the mandate to restructure and revitalize another state-owned enterprises, on its plan to strengthen the company role as a national asset management company.
- We assisted a public company engaged in the cement industry and its group members in relation to their reorganization plan, corporate restructuring, and bond financing.
- We advised a public company engaged in the cement industry on its debt restructuring effort which involved an internal reorganization, and further assisted their process in selling shares to another company.
- We advised a state-owned enterprise on its plan to syndicate debt restructuring.
- We assisted a well-known telecommunication company on acquiring a majority of shares in a leading digital telecommunication company and later assisted the digital company on its corporate restructuring process, company reorganization, and dispute resolutions in court.
- We assisted a state-owned enterprise engaged in public insurance on its corporate restructuring process and a spin-off of its Syariah business unit.
- We assisted a well-known heavy equipment rental company and its affiliated companies, on their corporate and debt restructuring, financing, and reorganization plan.
- We assisted a reputable thin glass manufacture company on its debt restructuring process, including securing a loan to refinance all of the existing facilities given by the bank to the company.
- We assisted a reliable telecommunication company on its debt restructuring process.
- We assisted an international security system company in relation to its global and worldwide corporate reorganization of splitting into three listed companies.
- We assisted a state-owned enterprise engaged in the telecommunications and network services sector on its group business transformation to become digital companies.
- We represented various foreign banks on a debt restructuring of a multinational company engaged in automotive sector.
- We assisted a business group that is specifically engaged in trade and distribution of many products on its debt restructuring and corporate restructuring process.
Please contact us for enquiries and further information.