TRADE, TOURISM & INDUSTRY
Our Trade, Tourism & Industry (TTI) practice group handles varied corporate business matters. Details for our legal services are as follow :
Given our broad areas of legal services under TTI, we have assisted diverse clients (both foreign and domestic) with different scope of businesses, objectives, and expected timing of completion. We have always provided end-to-end services to produce creative and workable legal solutions for our clients to meet their expectations. We believe our legal solutions will allow our clients to minimize their business costs, enhance their business value, and properly position themselves in a dynamic business world.
- A State Owned Enterprise company, engaging in money and security printing in which we assisted them in regards to corporate restructuring of their joint venture company amounting to over IDR 170 billion;
- A large group of companies established in Belgium, with regards to various transactions made in Indonesia, including establishing a foreign direct investment company, preparing transaction documents, and a set of other transactions related to the reorganization of the group;
- A joint venture business company between two Japanese Companies, with regards to several corporate transactions of the company, including the operational aspects, business licenses, expatriate and related labor issues;
- An Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company, with regards to the establishment and development of their business in Indonesia and to establish a foreign investment company in Indonesia engaged in the business of export, import, manufacture, assembly and wholesale distribution of vehicles in Indonesia and to neighboring countries;
- A company listed in the Malaysian Stock Exchange (Bursa Malaysia), engaging in agriculture, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), energy, food, property and power, on its acquisition plan through bond issuance;
- One of the world’s largest single-mine coal mining companies, acted as Indonesian legal counsel to a consortium of foreign and Indonesian principals in the acquisition of a company Group;
- A pioneer of Sharia banks in Indonesia, with regard to its plan to divest its shares in through the secondary public offering in the Indonesian Stock Exchange, rights issue as well as private placement;
- One of the biggest Swedish company with regard to its day to day operational in Indonesia, as well as assisting in their corporate action, among others divestment transaction.
- A foreign manufacturer company, with necessary legal services in relation to trade policy, trade compliance, and import licensing procedures of certain forestry products and other related regulatory matters;
- Indonesian Ministry on its plan on renewal regulations of Special Economic Zone Regulations and assess the most suitable governmental body to be given authority on the Special Economic Zone in Indonesia;
- A foreign company acting as a creditor of an Indonesian company, in relation to the dispute on (i) undelivered pulp from the Indonesian companyto creditor and (ii) the Suspension of the Debt Payment (PKPU) Proceeding of the Indonesian company;
- A private equity investment firm in relation to the divestment plan of its subsidiary (one of the largest Indonesian cinema companies) and assisting in the pre-initial public offering process of its major subsidiary.
From the assistance that we have provided to our clients, we have been internationally recognized among others by Asialaw Profiles (2017 Edition) as Recommended Firm in Banking & Finance, Capital Market, Corporate Merger & Acquisition, Restructuring & Insolvency and The Asia Pacific Legal 500 as Top Tier Firm in Restructuring & Insolvency (2016 Edition) and Recommended Firm in Banking & Finance, Capital Market, Corporate Merger & Acquisition, Projects & Energy (2015 Edition). The Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2016 Edition) stated that we have “a strong corporate regulatory practice, advising companies and governments on matters such as corporate compliance, anti-corruption, board structuring and procurement.” and recognized our managing partner as “Leading Individual” in Capital Market, Corporate and Merger & Acquisition, Project & Energy, Restructuring & Insolvency.