Banking & Finance
Our lawyers work extremely hard and diligently to support the improvement of banking & finance market. As a result, we have been entrusted to handle several landmark transactions, including the first Islamic financing for infrastructure project.
Furthermore, from the assistance that we have provided to our clients, we have been internationally recognized in Banking & Finance sector, among others by Asialaw Profiles (2017 Edition) as Recommended Firm in Banking & Finance and The Asia Pacific Legal 500 as Recommended Firm in Banking & Finance (2015 Edition).
Our team has an extensive experience in advising matters related to corporate finance, and structure finance, which involved our firm in conventional and sharia-based transactions such as general corporate transactions, leveraged buy-out and loan refinancing, issuance of senior secured notes, securing a syndicated financing facility and the procurement of other credit facilities. We have advised our prominent clients to obtain the outmost advantageous structures of transactions, including multi-finance entities, major cinema operator in Indonesia, commercial conventional and sharia-based banks both foreign and domestic.
In line with improving the quality of infrastructure provision in Indonesia, we have assisted several project companies in dealing with prime contracts and agreements. We have advised a wide range of companies engaging in various sectors such as mining, toll road, gas supply, electricity, property and other infrastructure projects.
The constant evolution and development of banking sector in Indonesia have challenged dedicated lawyers of Bahar to provide the best quality of advocate services in banking sector. The continuous and rapid alterations to domestic banking regulations do not impede our prominent team in assisting clients for transactions of acquisition, restructuring of trade finance facility and other banking-product related transactions. In addition to the financing aspect of banking, we also acted as legal counsel to various eminent offshore banks, in preparing and reviewing the standardization banking documents according to the prevailing laws. We also supported as counsel to various domestic and offshore banks, in numerous corporate finance transactions covering bilateral and syndication loans, derivatives, and debt restructuring.
We provide expertise of legal counsel to certain well-known domestic and foreign financial institutions, and some of the biggest multi-finance companies, with regard to their financing transactions and rendering general legal advices relating to a variety of legal issues.
We assisted the client in providing legal advice pertaining to pension fund regulatory framework of Republic of Indonesia, including the client’s plan to restructure its institution.
We have experienced working with clients with regard to the assistance in establishing an offshore private equity funds and the formation of collective investment Contract with Limited Participation. Bahar also has experiences in providing legal consultations to prominent private equity companies with regard to their business operations and investments in Indonesia.
We are also familiar with handling finance transactions that include the sharia aspect, both in the capital market as well as private sectors. The firm has represented various banks in sharia-compliance transactions. We balance our client's needs and the sharia compliance aspect. Our work covers structure, due diligence, reviewing and drafting standard documentation, and advising on the sharia-legal aspects. We are also knowledgeable of sharia aspects in issuing government sharia products.
- One of the biggest private banks in Indonesia, in which we advised them in relation to a syndicated financing facility of a power plant project;
- One of the largest and first sharia banks in Indonesia, with regards to a syariah financing from several national syariah bank to finance a Soreang - PasirKoja toll road construction project;
- Financing of Power Plant and Gas Pipeline Project
- We assisted the syndicated project financing of an up to USD 48 million facility for the development of 2x35 MW gas-fired power plant facilities in Batam.
- We advised the syndication of two Indonesian infrastructure financing companies on project financing of an up to USD 47 million facility in respect to the development of a subsea gas pipeline system in Batam. Our scope of works for the above files were, among others, conducting legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating of various loan and security documentations, and issuing legal opinion to the lenders.
- A subsidiary of one of biggest multi company in Indonesia, in which we assisted them on the acquisition of equity and mezzanine facilities to obtain effective ownership in an Indonesian company, Cikampek – Palimanan Toll Road operator (the longest toll road in Indonesia).