M&A And Restructuring
We have provided legal services to a wide variety of business stakeholders: strategic investors (local and foreign), executive officers, boards of directors, supervisory boards, and financing institutions. To comprehensively meet the needs of our clients we combine our expertise and experience in legal matters with a solid understanding of our clients’ businesses. We are experienced in handling the full range of M&A transactions, from plain vanilla M&A transactions to mega or pioneer M&A transactions involving complex structures and multiple party, cross-border and cross sectorial mergers. We have represented sellers and buyers, privately held companies and publicly listed companies, equity based transactions and assets based transactions, tender offerings and direct sales. In these processes we are experienced in dealing with relevant governmental agencies and institutions including the Indonesia Capital Investment Coordination Board, the Financial Services Authority, the Indonesian Stock Exchange, the Indonesian Central Securities Depository, the Commission of Business Competition Supervisory, and the government agencies of other countries (such as SGX, CDP - Singapore Central Depository) for cross border M&A. In restructuring matters, we have provided our clients with legal advice on restructuring strategies (asset, capital, debt, and company organization) and buyouts as well as liquidation, suspension of debt payment obligations, and bankruptcy (representing either the company or the creditors).
The assistance we have provided to our clients has been internationally recognized in forums such as: Asialaw Profiles (2017 Edition), which recommended us in Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions, and Restructuring & Insolvency; in The Asia Pacific Legal 500 as a Top Tier Firm in Restructuring & Insolvency (2016 Edition); and as a Recommended Firm in Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions (2015 Edition). Furthermore, The Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2016 Edition) recognized our managing partner as a “Leading Individual” in Capital Markets, Corporate, and Mergers & Acquisitions, Project & Energy, Restructuring & Insolvency.
- A Qatar telecommunication services company. We represented the company with respect to the acquisition of majority shares in an Indonesian company, and subsequently assisted the client in their tender offer on the Series B Shares of that company;
- A holding company for several toll road operators in Indonesia in the 2-step acquisition and effective ownership of a company holding concession of the Cikopo – Palimanan toll road, the longest toll road in Indonesia. The total transaction value is worth more than IDR 4 trillion and involves acquisition of equity and a mezzanine loan. The scope of work included legal due diligence on the documents of the target company and its subsidiary, providing legal advice on the transaction scheme and structure, and drafting conditional sales and purchase agreements and other supporting documents for the acquisition;
- Acting as Indonesian legal counsel to a consortium of foreign and Indonesian principals in the acquisition of one of the world’s largest single-mine coal mining companies.
- Assisting one of the pioneering and largest Sharia banks in Indonesia, with regard to its plan to divest its shares through a secondary public offering in the Indonesian Stock Exchange, advising on rights issue as well as private placement;
- Advising a private equity investment firm on its divestment plan and assisting in the pre-initial public offering process;
- Assisting an Indonesian company to acquire the shares of another Indonesian company whose subsidiary has almost 5,000 ha of coal concession in Kapuas Tengah regency, in Central Kalimantan, in a transaction valued at more than USD 100 million.