Property & Construction
Bahar handles all legal matters related to property and construction. We represent project owners, property managers, developers, contractors, domestic and foreign investors, special economic zone initiators, developers, and lending institutions. We cover all aspects of real estate law including land use, land procurement, spatial planning, zoning, real estate finance and investment, and the corporate transactions of real estate based businesses.
In addition to real estate, we strive to provide preeminent services related to construction matters in sectors such as transportation, oil and gas, energy, mining, office building, leisure, hospitality, retail space, telecommunication, shopping centers, mixed-use projects, and other industrial facilities construction. We advise clients on building intensity, business and financing structure, environmental regulations, design, sectoral and local permits. We draft or review operational and transaction-related documents, as well as facilitating negotiations.
With decades of experience, our business-oriented approach identifies all relevant legal issues and weaves our clients’ business considerations into manageable and innovative solutions. In handling our clients’ real estate and construction assignments, we also liaise and work under a consortium with investment management firms specialized in real estate and security and investment companies.
- Representing an Indonesian company in relation to the construction and development of Gedung Cyber II, a 30-floor office tower located in Jakarta business district (Rasuna Said - Kuningan), and negotiating with a multinational bank to procure project finance amounting up to IDR 295 trillion, and a loan facility provided by an international bank through its office in Singapore.
- Representing a developer in Indonesia (a subsidiary of a Japanese company), on its company reorganization exercise, involving the business operations of the Plaza Senayan complex.
- Acting as legal counsel to an Indonesian Bank with regard to the debt restructuring of an operator of a 5-star resort in Bali, which amounted to USD 172 million.
- Advising a hedge fund in the acquisition financing of a local company’s bid to acquire an integrated resort comprising a hotel, 18-hole golf course and residences located in West Jaya with a total area of around 1,300 hectares.
- Advising investors in the financing and acquisition of major shares in the company that owns the Graha Niaga building in Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Jakarta.
- Advising a foreign water company on the review of project agreements (EPC, O&M, offtake), and financial agreements where local or international financing is being contemplated.
- Advising a state-owned company engaging in the banking industry, on the construction of a new green concept office building.
The assistance we have provided our clients has been internationally recognized in Asialaw Profiles (2014 Edition), which lists Bahar as a Recommended Firm in: Banking & Finance; Capital Market; Corporate M&A, IT, Telco & Media; Shipping, Maritime & Aviation; Construction & Real Estate; Labor & Employment; Restructuring & Insolvency.