Property & Construction
Bahar handles real property and construction matters. In real property, we represent project owners, contractors, domestic and foreign investors, special economic zone initiators and developers, and lenders on real estate project development in all aspects of real estate law, among others land use, land procurement, spatial planning, zoning, real estate finance and investment, corporate transaction of real estate based business.
Besides real property, we strive to provide preminent services related to construction matters in various sectors, namely transportation, oil and gas, power, office building, leisure, hospitality, retail space, telecommunication, shopping centers, mixed use projects, and other industrial facilities constructions. Our services cover, inter alia advising client on building intensity, business and financing structure, environmental regulations, design, sectoral and local permits, drafting or review operational and transaction-related documents, as well as facilitating negotiations.
With more than decades of substantive experience, our business-oriented approach identifies all relevant legal issues and weaves our clients’ business considerations into their resolutions. In handling real property and construction assignments for clients, we also liaise and work under a consortium with investment management firms specialized in real estate and security and invesment companies.
- We represented an Indonesian company in relation to the construction and development of Gedung Cyber II, a 30-floor office tower located in Jakarta business district (Rasuna Said - Kuningan), and in negotiating project financing with the multinatonal bank amounting up to IDR 295 trillion and a loan facility to be provided by an international bank through its office in Singapore.
- We represented a developer in Indonesia (a subsidiary of Japanese company), on its company reorganization exercise, involving the business operations of Plaza Senayan complex.
- We acted as a legal counsel to Indonesian Bank in respect of the debt restructuring of an operator of 5-stars resort in Bali, which amounted to USD 172 million.
- We advised a hedge fund in providing acquisition financing to a local company to acquire an integrated resort comprising a hotel, 18-holes golf course and residences located in West Jaya with the total area about 1,300 hectares.
- We advise certain investors in the acquisition and financing of major shares in a company which owns Graha Niaga building in Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Jakarta.
- We advice a foreign water provider company in relation to the review of project agreements, i.e. EPC, O&M, offtake, and finance agreements where local or international financing is being contemplated.
- We advise a state-owned company engaging in bank industry in Indonesia which intends to build a new green concept office building using design and build structure.
From the assistance that we have provided to our clients, we have been internationally recognized in Asialaw Profiles (2014 Edition) as Recommended Firm in: Banking & Finance; Capital Market; Corporate M&A, IT, Telco & Media; Shipping, Maritime & Aviation; Construction & Real Estate; Labor & Employment; Restructuring & Insolvency.